Original name: Honey apple cake
280g (2 cups) of soft wheat flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons of yeast for pastry (such as this, but it is also good any another brand)
1 grated green apple
10 dried apricots (good also other dried fruit) cut into pieces
100g nuts cut into pieces
175g (1 cup) sugar + sugar to fill the pan
160ml (⅔ cup) of honey
240ml (1 cup) of seed oil (any kind that doe not taste too strong like that of olive) + oil to bake the pan
160ml (⅔ cup) of black tea strong
185 g Dark chocolate cut into small chunks
125g Liquid fresh cream
• Preheat the oven at 180 ° C
• Grease the pan with oil and sprinkle with sugar
• Combine yeast, flour, cocoa, and cinnamon, sift them and put them aside.
• Cut the dried fruits, nuts and grate the apple
• Smash the eggs in the batter until they begin to foam. Add the sugar slowly and slam until everything has become very clear (almost white).
• Add honey and oil and just beat to mix.
• Reduce the speed of the mixer and combine the sifted ingredient by alternating with black tea.
• Stop slamming
• Mix the dried fruits, nuts and grated apple and mix them in the dough gently (with a spoon or spatula)
• Place the dough in oven for 45m (be aware that the cooking time depends on the oven)
• The cake is ready when a toothpick stuck in the center of the cake; comes out clean.
• Take it out of the oven, wait for it to cool off a bit and put the cover on
• While the cake is in the oven, you can start cutting the chocolate into small chunks
• Cover should be done when covering the cake, because if it is cool you need to heat it and it is more difficult. So, for the next steps, it is better to wait for the cake to be ready.
• Place the cream in a pan and bring it to the boil
• As soon as it starts to boil, turn off the fire and combine the chocolate
• Mix with a whip until the chocolate is completely dissolved and well blended.
The original cake recipe can be found here.